Saturday 12 November 2011

The sound of silence?

There is a strange sound in our house this weekend - silence!  Both the girls are away.  The oldest has gone on a PGL (outdoor activities) weekend with the school and the youngest is on her first brownie weekend.  Not sure I would enjoy it every weekend but it does make a pleasant change to able to be conduct a conversation with hubby and actually finish it in one go!  We are away to London later today to meet brother in law and partner and some of partners french family(who speak little English and we speak little French!) for dinner and then theatre which should be fun.


Anyway I dropped in to share a layout I did the other evening.  When I first started my blog you may remember that I used to post my "Monday memories" - it was the photo from the calender that sits on my desk which changes every Monday.  Whilst I haven't posted a "Monday memory" for a while, I obviously still turn the calendar every week. So when these photos turned up, I decided that I wanted to scrap them.  So I did.




This is my hubby and youngest taking a step back in time. We took a trip to the national trust village of Laycock, which has been used some of the Harry Potter films and also where Cranford is filmed.  In the house, one of the rooms was set up as a little studio with clothes and props.  So they both dressed up and Frederick my brother in laws super talented partner took the photos.


I really like this page - its the first one I've done for a long time not using a sketch as inspiration.  I also did it really quickly.  Once I had decided the placement of the patterned paper and photos, I just stuck them down and then let the rest evolve.  Normally I place everything and then take a long time to commit to actually sticking - sometimes even leaving for a couple of days.  However more recently, I have being better at just sticking it down - its only patterned paper after all.  What is important is getting the memory recorded.


Hope you all have a great weekend whatever you are doing!

3 comments:

Sian said...

It's lovely - and I think you are right. I usually go back and forth to a page many times, but I have been working faster lately. Sometimes just sticking it down without thinking is the best way to go! They look great in their costumes :)

Jo said...

It's a great page and really lovely photos

Alison said...

Great page...I shall have to be using this method(instead of faffing)to get DDs album finished for her birthday in two weeks!
Alison xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...