Tuesday 7 February 2012

UKS Art Journal

Over on UK Scrappers, they are running a weekly class to encourage you to try art journaling.  Whilst in the past I have admired those that express themselves in this way, I have not really felt the urge to try myself.  The thing is my crafting time is limited and so when I finally sit at my desk, I want to get on and get some stories down and layouts completed.  Taking time to play and get messy is not on my agenda.  However since the class began in January, I have been dipping in and out of the forum, seeing what everyone is up to and it has encouraged me to give it a go.


On my first page, I decided to use my favourite colour - blue.  It is a combination of scraps of paper, stamping and inking with distress inks.

On my second page, I got the paints out and used two colours I woudn't normal pick - red and orange.  The words are stamped and then embossed with gold embossing powder.


Do you know I really enjoyed this.  I'm definately going to keep going.  The trick is not to overthink it - just grab what comes to hand and stick in on the page.  I did both pages in under an hour - it took longer to tidy up the mess!

So if you are thinking of dipping your toes into the art journal world, I say go for it!  You never know where it might take you.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Love what you've done Lynn..I've actually got a mini-project needing finished, which is as close to an Art Journal as I've ever got-thanks for reminding me!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Both excellent sentiments well worth having a bit of fun with!

alexa said...

Looks as if, now you've taken the plunge, there might bes no stopping you! Inspiring message. :)

Amy said...

It looks like a lot of fun! Well done for taking the plunge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...