Tuesday 11 October 2011

M&M World

During the Summer Holidays, we spent a day in London to celebrate my brother in laws birthday.  As we strolled near Leicester Square, we happened upon M&M world.  Yes believe it or not a whole shop with several floors dedicated to M&M's!  Yes I thought the same - how could you possible fill a whole shop with M&M merchandise.  Well apparently you can, and they have.  
Anyway the oldest wanted to go inside the shop - something we all found slightly strange as she has a severe peanut allergy and we don't allow M&M's in the house.  Fortunately the peanuts have to be eaten to cause the reaction, so we were quite safe!   Anyway the shop was very busy, very colourful and and very, very loud.  Something I tried to reflect in my layout.

As you can see from the photo, whilst the oldest loved it, I don't think the youngest was quite so sure.

The M&M man to the left of the layout belongs to my husband.  He was a present from his best friend, during the time we shared a flat.  As I'm not a lover of red plastic items it was banished to the loft for many years, but recently escaped and now seems to live in our TV room.  As you can imagine my husband thought it was highly amusing that I used it as a prop in the photo, considering I have threatened to throw it out on many occasion.  It probably deserves a layout of its own!

5 comments:

Emily D. said...

Great layout... very cute! I'm not an M&M fan, but I'm sure my kids would love this place!

Alison said...

I didn't know there was an M&M store in London...have been to the one in New York! My fave flavour is Peanut Butter, but they don't sell them in the UK- and certainly not here!
Fun LO!
Alison xx

Sian said...

This would be my daughter's dream destination! When we took her to Cadbury World, she had to go and sit outside because she got a bit faint with the excitement of it all.

I would be happy to send you some papers bags - just email me your address and I'll get them out to you as soon as I can

humel said...

Something else we have in common - my son has a peanut allergy! (I do too - he inherited it from me, poor lad!)

Love your colourful layout :)

humel said...

Yay!! Blogger let me comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...